Welcome back to my blog! I have had a few weeks rest over the Christmas/NYE period and I am now ready to get 2018 started with more beautiful DIY’S.
I have become obsessed with the beauty of rope and how you can create so many beautiful objects out of it. So much so I have a few too many rope DIY’s bouncing around in my head, so I thought I better start creating!
Today’s blog I’m going to show you how to create your own rope bowl, perfect for holding almost everything.
What you will need:
- 10m rope
- Acrylic paint (optional)
- Thread same colour as the rope or different colour to make a pattern
- Sewing machine
- Lay out your rope and decorate with the acrylic paint as desired (optional step)
- Grab the end of your rope and start to coil until you have 3-4 rows pin into place
- Set machine onto zig zag stitch. Start to zig zag stitch the centre coil, turning the rope around creating a larger circle.
- Once you get to a diameter of roughly 14cm start to hold your rope on an angle to create the shape of the bowl, continue sewing until desired height of bowl.
- To finish of the bowl I made a small handle and sewed into place.
How easy was that! I decided to make smaller bowls featuring colour throughout the stitching. Simply changed my thread to colour instead of white.