Pom Pom balls are an easy and quick DIY project that anyone can master! I wanted to create pom poms as a trim around a pillow to add some fun and colour, which has brought myself to make a pom pom tutorial.
What you will need:
- Ball of Wool
- 20 cent coin
- Place the cup down on the cardboard, trace around the base of the cup to make a circle. Put the 20 cent coin in the centre and trace around.
- Cut out the large circle and make a small opening to cut out the middle circle. Repeat these steps to create a second template
- To start, place the templates together so you have two templates to wrap the wool around.
- Place the end of the wool on the template, wrap the wool around the template going from one side to the other until you get the thickness you desire. The more layers of wool the thicker the pom pom.
- Get your scissors and gently start cutting between the two templates, ensure you hold onto the wool so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Once you have finished cutting, get a 30cm piece of wool and place between the two templates and wrap around and pull tight. To secure the pom pom tie knots whilst you wrap the wool. This holds the pom pom together.
- Remove the template, and fluff out the pom pom.
Pom pom balls can be added to projects to give a fun and an effective design. Experimenting with this decorative technique will add texture and colour. I would love to see what you do with your pom poms be sure to tag #camelliadesigns